Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Hawaii!

Yea, it's true. We went to Hawaii in late April, right after the bid on our house was accepted by the previous owners. The trip was extremely fun and very relaxing, but it seems like a mirage in the middle of a dessert at this point. The week was a brief respite in a stressful rapid-fire month of closing on our first home.

Now that the dust has settled, I'm revisiting our digital photos with hopes of reliving the wonders of Kau'aian relaxation. I don't know if "Kau'aian" is an adjective, but whatev.

So our photo tour will begin with this shot, taken from the lanai of our condominium in Poi'pu. We stayed here for 5 nights and would have stayed here all 7 if only we knew the degree of tack awaiting us in Waikiki. Live and learn.

If you enlarge the photo and look through the space in the building at the upper left, you'll see the ocean. We were that close.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I need to go there. Thanks for the tip about Waikiki.

Hey my "word verification" is "Ahoy"!!!

Anonymous said...

If this pic came with an audio clip, it would be of a rooster crowing. They were everywhere and had no notion of when the right time to crow is. (never)

My word verification is "tgjqcae" which I'm pretty sure is aztec for "ahoy".

towwas said...

Sure, Waikiki is tacky, but it's tack on such an awe-inspiring scale. I feel it shouldn't be missed.