Sunday, June 01, 2008

Crazy Good!

Yesterday was a crazy one, with team Jigs and J.Po moving out of our (hopefully last) rental apartment into ye olde HOUSE. And going to the REM concert at night. Why make things easy, right? All went smoothly, though, and I was one happy REM fan come concert time. They were on FIRE with a setlist composed mostly of true rockers, which was the perfect end to a grueling and exhausting day. Those heading to the show in DC are in for a real treat! Word is, try to get there in time to see The National (we didn't). Modest Mouse sortof sounded like they were playing the same 2-4 songs over and over. But I don't know their stuff that well, so it might be more fun if you are familiar.

Our setlist:

1. "Horse to Water"

2. "Little America"

3. "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?"

4. "Ignore land"

5. "Accelerate"

6. "Man-Sized Wreath"

7. "Imitation of Life"

8. "West of the Fields"

9. "Hollow Man"

10. "Wolves, Lower"

11. "Walk Unafraid"

12. "Houston"

13. "Electrolyte"

14. "The One I Love"

15. "Final Straw"

16. "Find the River"

17. "Let Me In"

18. "Losing My Religion"

19. "Living well's the Best Revenge"

20. "Bad Day"

21. "Orange Crush"

22. "I'm Gonne DJ"

Encore:

23. "Supernatural Superserious"

24. "Mr. Richards"

25. "Driver 8"

26. "Life and How to Live It"

27. "Man on the Moon"


Only songs missing for me: Country Feedback and Nightswimming. But they weren't in a contemplative mood, methinks.


Off to clean our old apartment (good times)....

4 comments:

towwas said...

OMG FIND THE RIVER??? Oh wow. That would make me really happy. Of course also Driver 8, Man on the Moon, and many other excellent songs would also make me happy, but...Find the River??!!?? Awesome!!

Stacey Pelika said...

Wow, yeah, I'll be spazzing along with TOWWAS if they play "Find the River!" Also, "West of the Fields" seems like one that hasn't made it into the set list in a really, really long time!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, you're moving into your house already?! Your process is so much faster than ours and it's just killing me.

Anonymous said...

JPo, did you look up the set list online? Cuz if not... WOW! I'm not suprised that you would remember them all of course. But still wow.

It was a good show for sure. And I'm not even that big of a fan.