Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I Heart Jimmy Carter

I always have ... at least as long as I've been able to formulate my own political opinions. Word is, he'll be endorsing Obama and I thought this would be a good time to re-state my love of the Carter.

He was talking about going green before going green was cool!

And how's about that Habitat for Humanity?

And have you heard that every year he hand crafts a piece of furniture using fallen wood (i.e. - not freshly cut!) to auction off for charity?

I can think of few former presidents who have done such great and selfless things with their lives. Clinton had such promise, but his behavior in this primary season has placed Carter even farther out of his reach on my list!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew all of that (plus election-monitoring!), but the woodworking is BRAND NEW INFORMATION. Brand new awesome information - yay, Jimmy!