The New York Times! I just called to change my delivery address (Sunday only, cause it takes me all week to read it...). This is the second time I've done this and both times I've gotten the most polite and soft-spoken people on the other end of the line. The NYT ain't usin' incarcerated individuals* to handle their customer service.
Seriously. Props to the phone bank at the NY Times.
Maybe this says something about the clientele - we latte-wielding, Prius-driving, over-edumicated white people who are overwhelmingly in favor of an Obama presidency. Or maybe they're aiming toward the older folk who call in to complain about a misspelling in the crossword puzzle and need someone willing to chat for an hour or two on the other end. Hard to say.
* I've read that this actually happens, though not in the New York Times so it might be untrue. ...though I have seen it on the internets....hmmmm....
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment