Some of you out there have a love affair with San Francisco from a distance. Me - I get to appreciate this fair city on a daily basis. I especially enjoy that I'm a public health professional in a city that, unlike most places in the United States, is pretty friggin comfortable with talkin' 'bout sex. Nothing like a massive AIDS epidemic in a heavily gay city to get everyone pretty comfortable pretty quickly with discussions of bedroom (or back alley, depending on your preferences) activities.
My favorite part of working in the health department (so far anyway) is getting e-mail announcements about the upcoming gay pride parade. More than once, I have received word that I could be part of the parade...."If you are interested in joining City Clinic and marching along side our famous penis and syphilis sore costumes, or even dressing up as one of the characters, please e-mail ______." Dude, I'll totally do it - but only do it if I can be Phil the Sore.
Check it out here: http://www.healthypenis.org/ One of the best public health campaigns ever!
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love SF and I love this story to pieces. Are you going to do it? Are you going to dress up at the penis or the sore? Which would you be?
I tell you there aren't very many places to work where in all seriousness you get a work e-mail soliciting volunteers to dress up as a penis or a sore in a parade. In all of my years working as an evolutionary biologist, not once have i received and email of that variety.
I had a fun moment when I was looking at the Healthy Penis page and then H.Go came into my room. I didn't think what I was doing was odd, but she certainly did! The little toy peni are very cute - and very multiculti!
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! http://www.kitchenaidpartssupplier.info/Dierks-bentley-lyric.html Diagram engine ford taurus Describe a learning organisation in management beh How do i disconnect a car alarm http://www.toyota-highlander-1.info/toyota-used-header-for-sale.html Yoga and pilates claesses at sharjah http://www.toyota-7.info/1997_toyota_previa.html toyota dealer southern california Paris getting out of a car wheel hub toyota sienna 19 a month cell phone plans Hks manifold for subaru Proposed regulations 401 k contributions deposited within 7 renault clio 16v Used toyota in massachusetts
Enjoyed a lot! Xanax blue sanax http://www.lipitorcheap.info/fda-lipitor.html kent paintball Camoflage paintballing Womens health  fitness
Post a Comment