Friday, June 24, 2005

What is this thing?

The early days, weeks, months of a new relationship are so amazing and nauseating and wonderful and terrifying - all at once. It's that bizarre period when one is fully convinced that THIS ONE is perfect, THIS ONE has no faults, THIS ONE is THE ONE. This buzzy, exciting, tittilating, adrenaline-filled state is exactly where I find myself as of late. I wake in the morning to discover that my first thoughts swim around him, I find myself singing songs out loud without notice, I flash giant smiles even when situations calls for a frown (train doors close right before you get on), and, best of all, I have amazing resilience against life's disappointments (which have recently come in the following forms: having a crappy job interview yesterday and experiencing the realities of identity theft).

I friggin' LOVE this feeling. I'm going to cherish it 'cause I know it doesn't last forever. At some point reality hits - the quirks come out and the annoyances set in. But for now, AHHHHHHHH.....

2 comments:

grrrbear said...

Yay you! I hope that feeling lasts for months and months and months!

J.Po said...

Note to self: it's september 23, 2005 and I'm still feeling this way. Yar.