I've taken a turn from sewing to knitting, and I'm ready update you on my progress.
Several years ago, I treked to a local knitting convention along with a few of my stitching compatriates. We saw more than our fill of applicay-sweater-clad women diving into bins of wholesale yarn. Although I refused to take a literal yarn-oriented plunge, I did purchase several skeins of lovely organic cotton and vowed to use it to knit my very first sweater. It has since collected dust waiting for me to get enough courage and patience to begin. (And it's been about 4 years.)
With lots of inspiration from this gal (who, if my memory serves, was on that fateful trip to the convention), I started knitting 3 weeks ago. And I've already completed the front and back secitons! Granted, I'm using a really easy pattern and a relatively bulky yarn, but this is going much quicker than I thought. It's easier than I thought, too, and I've already learned 3 new techniques!
Medium Tum Tum Monkey kept getting in the way of the camera, but I managed to get some photos. Here they are:
3 comments:
that sweater is looking mighty organic, looks really great.
Dude, you are such a rockstar! I want to learn how to knit!
The sweater is beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Post a Comment