Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stupidest Thing You've Ever Done. GO!

Me: Missed my flight to DC that took off at 12:35 am THIS morning, not TOMORROW morning. (No worries, DC crowd, I just rescheduled)

(Note to future self - read itinerary carefully.)

9 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

D'oh!

I'll have to think on this a bit before offering my own stupidest moment.

towwas said...

Oh, my god, Po!

My stupidest moments are too many to count. I could never pick just one. Why, only recently, I made a stupid reporting error that created much more work for me and also someone else. Go me!

Anonymous said...

I wish I filed things away in my head like this - I'm sure I've done stupid stuff, but frankly, I'd be hard-pressed to prove it. So I'm working from the assumption that I've never done anything stupid. Ever.

Anonymous said...

One of my friends, though, had been training for a bike race in eastern Oregon all Spring. When he got to the airport in Madison, he found out he had booked his flight to Portland, ME instead of the right Portland.

(This isn't a story where the friend is actually me.)

grrrbear said...

This is a hard one, but throwing the bowie knife at the neighbor girl because she wouldn't get out of in front of the hay bale I was using for target practice is riiiight up there...

Stacey Pelika said...

J.Bro's "friend's" story reminds me of a classic Tale of The Ham. When The Ham went on one of her job interviews, she was about to leave and realized that she'd booked her flight back for a full month later than she was supposed to. And then got mad at the department for their unwillingness to cover the change fee and additional airfare! Needless to say, she didn't get the job.

Anonymous said...

First week of college I was meandering down the sidewalk when I heard this odd hissing sound. Looking down I saw this odd black stick in the bushes rising up perpendicular to the ground. Curious I bent over to take a look. And was introduced to the wonderful (and moist) world of automatic sprinkler systems. Apparently these magical devices simply don't exist in Alaska where I grew up. True story.

Al said...

How about starting a blog? Is this going to be the stupidest thing I ever did? :) Glad you made it to DC anyway J.Po, good times.

J.Po said...

A new blogger is born??? I hope so, Alsho. I'll get Spice to invite you to her blog. There are some good reads in that there online diary.