ANYONE KNOW ANY SINGLE, HOT, STRAIGHT MEN IN THE GREATER BAY AREA? Send them my way. I'm ready to date ... but for some reason there isn't a line of men waiting to greet me at the door. WTF?!?! Do I have to scream from the rooftops "I WANT TO DATE!!!"???
5 comments:
Did you ever ponder the fact that you live in the Bay Area makes it a little tougher? What with the demographics and all....
The Bay Area thing might have something to do with it, but I have the same problem here. I think it has to do with the fact that most of my friends are married, and none of them know any single guys. My social world is a closed circle, and there are no potential BFs inside of it.
How does one go about meeting single dorky guys?
The other problem with dorky guys is that they're often too intimidated by attractive, single women to date outside of set-up situations (necessitating mutual friends to do said setting-up).
J.Po - you need to put some miles on your bike and start doing triathlons - lots of single, athletic, confident men there. You'll have to weed through the arrogant jerks to find the dorks though.
I wonder if I would be good at dating if I wasn't married?
I think J.Po could pull off the triathlon crowd - I definitely couldn't, though, due both to the fact that I'd be incredibly intimidated and that I'm sure most of them are not looking for big-boned girls with some extra flab.
My theory is that the dorks tend to be in places like, oh, libraries and the like, which aren't conducive to meeting people. Or, as J.Bro points out, when they are in a situation to meet people, they are too shy to do anything about it. For example, there's a guy at my gym I've been scoping out (who is similarly slightly flabby to me, so not physically intimidating), but I've never gotten up the guts to actually talk to him.
Maybe I'll start a dork-only online matchmaking service.
Those tris sound like such meat markets. i'm sure they're full of hotties with lots of endurance. Sounds intimidating to me, though. all i can say is... sometimes it's a drought, and then suddenly it pours. One of these days soon, it's going to be pouring and you won't know what to do!
Post a Comment