Saturday, March 05, 2005

Gettin' Juggy With It



I had the most fantastic evening. I went to see and ACTUAL jug band, complete with rusty old washboard, washtub bass made of broom handle and tub, banjo with ratty rope as a strap, and - you guessed it - a jug. This group is no collection of mere amatures. No way! Those juggers were downright loaded with talent and they played the hell outta those instruments. As hard as I tried, I could not stop tapping my foot to the beat and I was damn sad when their set came to an end.

Some of you out there know that I have an (unhealthy) obsession with jug bands, which I believe stems from the Muppet Show (see exibit A above). The issue with my obsession prior to this eve was that I didn't have a regular source of jug band entertainment. This has quite suddenly changed. And I believe it's time that I assume my new professional role: Jug Band Groupie. Yeah! Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Aw, the Muppet jug band!!! Such great memories!

I always used to try to use glass pop bottles as jugs, with varying levels of success.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Mitsubishi 73 tv stands Review of black jack Plastic surgeons in pensacola fl 1994 mitsubishi eclipse Zmax zithromax chlamydia Espn's knight school website No download no sign up video keno Neurontin+tablets motherboards with cpu