Wednesday, March 23, 2005

In No Particular Order

1.) Does anyone out there know the band Snow Patrol? If so, are they worth seeing? They're coming through town and I'm considering.

2.) Ballet got even better today. We got a new teacher (who will be one of 3 people who teach us, in rotation). He has NO qualms about pointing out peoples' errors and accomplishments. I really like his style. No beating around the bush. And he has the most amazing way of describing EXACTLY how positions should feel when you're doing them correctly. Today, when I happened to be the one singled out by the new teacher, it went something like this:

teach: [J.Po's real name], how tall are you?
J.Po: 5'10"
teach: How tall should you be in tendu battement?
J.Po: Tendu what-did-you-say?
teach: Tendu battement (he does the move while repeating the name)
J.Po: How tall should I be in tendu battement? (J.Po quickly does the move) ... 5'10"
teach: Precisely!! You got it right!!! Keep extending out of your standing leg and raise up while doing tendu battement

3.) Today at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose, someone got more than beans and sauce when they ordered the cup of chili. They also got a finger. Apparently, a health and safety investigation is underway. Well, YEA!!!!!

4.) I was TOTALLY offered a job today. I am TOTALLY taking it if I make enough to cover my COBRA (the position is under 6 mo...no insurance). This should be just fine, since it pays more than my last gig anyway. Speaking of the last gig, I had to go into the office today to help make sense of some of my work that was picked up by someone else. A few hours later, I was pretty glad I've moved onto other things.

5.) 2 things I learned about myself today: a.) I like people. b.) I'm a much better conversationalist after a cup of coffee.

4 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Woo!!! On the job front! Congrats!

On the Snow Patrol front, I like them quite a bit - I have their CD. But they could be Keane-like in concert (in other words, satisfactory but not great). I'm trying to find someone to go see Patty Griffin when she's here next month.

Annie said...

OH MY GOD!!!!! A JOB!!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can afford insurance on that salary, probably. Kaiser's a few hundred a month. I"M SO EXCITED FOR YOU SISTAH!!!

J.Po said...

Dude. Spice. You MUST go to see Patty. She is BETTER in concert than she is on CD. REALLY! GO! Even if you can't find anyone to go with you!!! I PROMISE - she will not disappoint. She may even turn whoever you find to go with you into a fan..

Anonymous said...

Wait - you can't extend your leg, raise up, and still be 5'10", can you? Or was he asking some sort of a trick question? Maybe to keep your mind sharp while you contort yourself and grimace from the calf cramps?