Could it be? Could it ACTUALLY be? Could it be that I will be leaving the Bay Area soon?
This possibility scares me, excites me, calms me, thrills me, frightens me, saddens me, etc, etc, etc. But I think it may be time. Change is in the air and it's calling me to act. I find myself at a crossroads and there is something deep in my gut telling me to move on.
I can tell I recognize the imminence of this move. Each time I go outside, take a trip across the bridge, or see the San Francisco skyline, I find myself soaking in the beauty of the surroundings that will soon hear my goodbyes. There is some tangible evidence of my move to uproot. None of my cover letters carry California zip codes. They are all directed east of the Mississippi.
I never really belonged here anyway. I've been a square peg in a round hole.
Thursday, March 10, 2005
Movin' Right Along
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Madison is the insurance capital of the world, apparently - do you like to insure?
My ten-year plan (shut up - yes, I do) includes living and working on both coasts for a significant amount of time. Fortunately, the horrible academic job market should allow me to move a lot before I land in a more permanent position. The hard part for me is asking my wife to move with me - she says that she likes the idea, but about once a week she really loves her job here - I think she'd find a lot more reasons to love it if she thought she was leaving it.
Don't forget chicago! More restaurants than you can shake a stick at, four actual seasons, Chicago-style pizza, awesome museums, and Cubs games! Heck, I'm not even all that big a baseball fan, and I have tickets to 5 games this year. Something is seriously wrong...
Also, according to my ultra-scientific research, when you move here you meet the perfect girl/boy. So it's got that going for it too.
My God, I am so happy comments are back!
Yesterday a bunch of us (J.Bro included) met with a prospective student. Near the end of the meeting D.Fuer said that really, his decision came down to gut instinct - he picked us over a higher-ranked program on that alone, and was happy with the decision (although now he's leaving the program, so I don't know what that says!). Anyway, I couldn't agree more on the gut-instinct point. If you're gut is telling you to move, move! And trust your gut about where to go.
That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »
best regards, nice info http://www.roundarearug.info/Ativan_interaction.html prevent pain ultram covers awnings structures protection cool shade Adderall system levaquin or levofloxacin vibrator Recruiters resources Northwestren mutual life ins His first big cock in the ass Generic ultram for consumers Bbw mature models Cingular wireless plans and phones Lowering ldl cholesterol
Post a Comment