Thursday, August 09, 2007

Cotton Lung

So this damn cold I got *in the middle of the summer* has migrated from my nasal and throatal passages down into my lungs. I'm talking deep into my lungs, like aveoli deep. I feel like I work in a cotton textile factory in the late 1800s. Ugh. Maybe I have TB. This is quite likely, given the bus I ride on a regular basis. Sophist knows the one. She's seen many a drug deal on that bus.

8 comments:

J.Po said...

Update. 3:30pm. I bought Expectorant Mucus Relief. I never buy these things. We'll see if it works.

towwas said...

Well...if you *are* working in a cotton factory in the late 1800s...any chance you'll hook up with this guy? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0035514/

towwas said...

Whoa, we both commented at exactly the same time. Weird.

Annie said...

yeah let me know if you run into one Mr. Thorner and send him my way.

J.Po said...

That's EXACTLY the factory I was thinking about when my lungs started hurting.

Rwwwwalllll....Mr. Thorner....

J.Po said...

Update. 3:54. I just had my first productive cough in days. Guaifenesin is my friend, especially when it comes in 400mg doses.

And, I still haven't run into Mr. Thorner. Not YET anyway.

towwas said...

Guaifenesin is the bomb, and I'm sure Mr. Thorner wouldn't mind a little phlegm. People weren't that picky in the 19th century.

Annie said...

I'm so excited that you're blogging about your productive phlegm. All blogs should be like this!!