In honor of ye olde reunion, I'm compiling a list of tunes for my "remember the college years" iPod playlist. You can help me create a setlist! WEE!
Here's what I have so far:
- Closer to Fine (Smindigo Girls)
- Anything by Ace of Base
- Counting Crows (Mr. Jones, perhaps?)
- Something from Green Day's Dookie
That's a start. Now it's your turn! WEE!
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Send Me on My Way- Rusted Root!!!!!!!!
I TOTALLY own that Rusted Root album!!
Ooooo....ooooo! How could I forget the Gin Blossoms?
OMG, I was planning to do the exact same thing for my drive! I even told H.Go and then started singing "Closer to Fine" to her (she gave me a really weird look).
Other suggestions:
-Crash Test Dummies (either "Mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm" or "Superman's Song")
-Party favorites: "Blister in the Sun," "Like a Prayer," "Cecilia"
-Something by the Knights - "Rapper's Delight," perhaps? ([OAM] Breakdancing Squad!) or "MLK"?
-"These Are Days" by 10,000 Maniacs (or another 10,000 Maniacs song of your choosing - "What's the Matter Here" or "Because the Night" off the Unplugged CD would be other possibilities)
-"Stupid Boy," Gear Daddies
-"Crucify" or "Silent all these Years," Tori Amos
-Something by Toad the Wet Sprocket
And for the Gin Blossoms, I'd suggest "Hey Jealousy."
I don't have my iPod with me, but I might have more suggestions when I can take a look at it.
How could I forget Tori Amos???
This is so fun, but I fear I won't have time to complete my masterpiece tonight:(
We'll see how far I get....
...and how about the Cranberries???? That couch album...
What's in your heaaaad? In your heaaaaad? Zah-ahhm-bie! Za-ahhm-bie! Za-ahhm-bie!
Zo-o-o-mbeh eh eh etc.
And you should definitely bring a radio (or plan to drive around during, uh, whatever time) so you can listen to Dangerous Jade: Reunion Edition! We will have...ok, I have no freaking idea what we have, because it's so late, I basically threw CDs into my CD thingy at random. But I bet we'll dig up some old favorites.
It's probably too late to add these suggestions, but:
-Sarah McLachlan (Ice Cream!)
-BoDeans
-Tracy Chapman
-Mary Chapin Carpenter
-Alanis Morrissette
See y'all soon!
Just because reunion is over doesn't mean that you shouldn't include "American Music" by Violent Femmes.
I'm a little disappointed you forgot that one... =)
Fantastic suggestion, Grrrbear! American Music did, in fact, make it on the college mix. Woo!
Post a Comment