Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer TV

Since dating Jiggity, my intake of TV has increased by about 400%. Seriously. I never had cable until living with him. And it turns out there's a whole lot o' fun available on his 100-odd channels.

That said, it's hard to find things to watch during the summer months and I'm working hard to get hooked to something new. This weekend, I think I discovered my summer TV addiction: Little People, Big World. Unlike most reality TV programs, this show seems to represent all that is good in the world.

Other loves (shameful as they may be): Girls Next Door and The Simple Life Goes to Camp (sorry, J.Vo). For the record, I hate Flavor of Love Charm School. It's just not the same without Flavor Flave.

Any other recommendations?

I can't wait until Project Runway, Season 4. WOO!

6 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

LP, BW is good, but it gets old after a while. There's only so much enjoyment you can get out of "Hey, little people can do what we do!" and the typical trials and tribulations of a family.

Other recommendations (in order): Top Chef, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List, Hell's Kitchen. Yes, they're all reality, but perfect for filling 42 minutes. KG has been particularly good recently, with mentions of Rosie's cruise company, a date with Nick Carter, and the very sad death of her dad.

Also, I watched American Inventor once, and it was hilarious! I don't know if I could watch it every week, but it was pretty darn amusing as a one-shot experience.

Anonymous said...

Interestingly, I think I watch less TV than when I started dating J to the Po. Possibly because there is so much Girls Next Door and Simple Life on all the time nowadays.... :)

J.Po said...

Little people can DO SO MUCH!

grrrbear said...

MYTHBUSTERS!

It's the greatest show evar! Two nerds building nerdy stuff to prove that urban legends are lies - plus explosions!

Woo!

I'm not going to comment on your other choices of summer viewing, except for LPBW - which the GF verifies is really a good show (but I never watch).

JYates said...

Top Chef is our current favorite. We But we also like Hell's Kitchen.

I also agree with grrrbear, Mythbusters!!!!

Glaciermom and I also like Big Brother (it isn't a good show, but we justify it by claiming it's a social experiment).

These days though, when there is nothing on TV, we just put it on HGTV.

towwas said...

America's Next Top Model!! It's my only show.