Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Emotional Spectrum!!!

Over the last several days, I've experienced the very very high highs (going to reunion) and the extremely low lows (see next sentence). My sister is being deployed to Iraq in 1.5 weeks. She got 2 weeks notice. So as to not reveal more about myself (and her) than I wish to do on this blog, I won't get into the details of her occupation, etc. But suffice it to say, she's not trained for a war zone. Really.

GWB sux.

3 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Oh no!!! I don't really know what else to say! Hopefully her specialty training will keep her safely in the Green Zone, although it seems from your post that that might not be the plan...

They had a really interesting This American Life on a few weeks ago about lessons learned (or not learned) about Iraq. It made me even more frustrated and upset with the current administration.

J-Vo said...

WTF???? WTF need does the US have for your sister's specialty in Iraq?????? That is really, really crappy, and we will pray for her!!!!

towwas said...

Omg! We just had this conversation!! Your sister's specialty = NOT USEFUL IN A WAR!!!

Argh. Geez. If she needs to recruit extra people around here to help with pre-deployment madness, tell her to give me a buzz.