This is what I've learned about the selling of Girl Scout Cookies these days....
The Girl Scouts wanted to make the process more goal-oriented. They can now forgo the cookie selling prizes and choose to take a cut of proceeds instead. This cut then goes to fund an activity chosen at the troop level. The troop of the daughter of my co-worker decided to put their cookies in the Camporee basket. From what I can tell, 'Camporee' is a peppy label for 'taking a week-long camping trip.' The '-oree' must indicate that there are crafts and songs involved. (In no way different from my Girl Scouting days.)
I'm glad I was a boy scout, where selling stuff wasn't as big a deal. Instead, we went camping 5 times a year and generally acted like a bunch of miscreants and juvenile delinquents. There is nothing more frightening than a couple hundred 13 year old boys running around the woods...
4 comments:
What in the heck is Camporee? We never did that...
Favorite thing: Having paperwhites blooming in my room.
Least favorite thing: The smell of the aforementioned paperwhites.
This is what I've learned about the selling of Girl Scout Cookies these days....
The Girl Scouts wanted to make the process more goal-oriented. They can now forgo the cookie selling prizes and choose to take a cut of proceeds instead. This cut then goes to fund an activity chosen at the troop level. The troop of the daughter of my co-worker decided to put their cookies in the Camporee basket. From what I can tell, 'Camporee' is a peppy label for 'taking a week-long camping trip.' The '-oree' must indicate that there are crafts and songs involved. (In no way different from my Girl Scouting days.)
Man, I was totally motivated by getting the special 'Super Seller' badge (more than 100 boxes). One year it had a frog on a pogo stick on it.
But I am reassured that Camporee sounds like the same ol' Girl Scouts stuff, even if it has a snazzy name.
I'm glad I was a boy scout, where selling stuff wasn't as big a deal. Instead, we went camping 5 times a year and generally acted like a bunch of miscreants and juvenile delinquents. There is nothing more frightening than a couple hundred 13 year old boys running around the woods...
Post a Comment