Friday, January 28, 2005

You Need to Find Your Way to 'Finding Neverland'

For the first time ever, I plan to see each and every movie nominated for the 2005 Best Picture Oscar.

Tonight I aimed to check 'Hotel Rwanda' off the list. Apparently, everyone else in the East Bay shared this idea, so my friends and I saw 'Finding Neverland' instead.

Quick review:

Two hours of Johnny Depp never fails to be a delightful experience. Watching him for two hours in THIS film has proven to be magically fantastical. A man, a dream, some boys in need of imaginative escape, a relationship that goes from cold to icy, an evil mother, a dying love, and a little light named Tinkerbell. This little film about a big imagination had me crying my way to the final bow. Let's hope Depp continues to bow his way to the Oscar win. I give it two enthusiastic blows of fairy dust.

No comments: