In many ways, this passage has globally symbolized the second half of my twenties. Over the last few days of intense emotion, its meaning took on a smaller, more tangible form and pierced me like never before. Thank you, Sophist, for exposing me to this wonderful piece. Its promise offered me solace.
The world,
a double blossom, opens:
sadness of having come,
joy of being here.
I walk lost in my own center.
-O.Paz
Wednesday, August 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
J.Po, I'm glad that this piece has moved you. We may not have wished for life, but we have it, and we learn to want it.
Concert in the Garden It rained.
The hour is an enormous eye.
Inside it, we come and go like reflections.
The river of music
enters my blood.
If I say body, it answers wind.
If I say where, it answers where?The world, a double blossom, opens:
sadness of having come,
joy of being here.
I walk lost in my own center.
- Octavio Paz, from East Slope
J.Po, I'm glad that this piece has moved you. We may not have wished for life, but we have it, and we learn to want it.
Concert in the GardenIt rained.
The hour is an enormous eye.
Inside it, we come and go like reflections.
The river of music
enters my blood.
If I say body, it answers wind.
If I say where, it answers where?The world, a double blossom, opens:
sadness of having come,
joy of being here.
I walk lost in my own center.
- Octavio Paz, from East Slope
best regards, nice info » »
Post a Comment