Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Just Saw 2 Deer (Baby) In My Garden*

I love my grandma. On my mother's side. I love my father's side grandma too, but her lucidity is no longer there. But Grandma D. - she still has it. And she's going to kick it beyond 100, if her lineage predicts her fate.

Every month or two, Grandma D. sends me a letter - written in a free card she gets from the neighbor who works for a card distributor. I get the rejects. And I love them. Today's mailing has an adorable white-haired, black-nosed puppy with a purple background. The inside reads: "I'm a hug waitin' to happen!" She penned over the puppy 'very loveable' (much like grandma).

Here is what grandma had to say on Wednesday August 4, 2004:

"Dear Joey:

Just by the color of the envelope you know who's writing - I'm ashamed of myself for not writing sooner. However it's been a crazy year and I don't know if I'm coming or going. The sad part is that I don't feel I've accomplished anything.

The yard is a mess - all the weeds are growing - in the garden they are waist high and around the border they are so big that they fell over. Of course there is a reason for it = "the deer". The mama deer just had another set of babies. They still have their white spots on them and of course they have to eat, so guess where they come!

I never saw a flower on the "Hostas"; they eat the blossoms just before they open up.
As for the garden, they just stepped over the fence and ate, who knows what. So I took the fence down and chopped the weeds down = makes it easier for them.

Things around here are as usual. Uncle B. and I go out to eat chinese "Hong Kong" once a week. It's a Buffet and we eat exactly what we like and how much we like - as for me it's meat! meat! meat! Uncle B. is pretty much the same; however, he's gaining weight - I'm not!

I don't get to talk to your Mom very often - I guess we're both busy.

Aunty P. hasn't been feeling too good and I'm put out with her cause she hasn't told her Dr. about it. The sad part is she has all the side effects from 1 particular medication she's taking "but then she'll take a test next week and see what happens."

As you can see, life just goes on over here = nothing new - but maybe that's good.
I'm coming to the end of my paper. Hope you're well and enjoying yourself.

Love - Gram XXXOOO "

I owe grandma a letter.

* this was written on the outside flap

2 comments:

Annie said...

Your Grandma rocks.

J.Po said...

You are observant and correct, Sophist.