When I was 8 years old I really wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid for Christmas. My parents' gifting did not align with my desires. They have always refused to buy anything that is NOT ON SALE; Cabbage Patch Kids circa 1983 did not fall into the 'sale' category.
That year, I got a Flower Bed Doll instead. I faked excitement. The only Cabbage Patch-related item I received was a 2" plastic statuete of the exact Kid I wanted: female, brown pigtail braids, brown eyes, no freckles (just like me).
I waited 3 long years for my authentic, straight-from-the-patch Cabbage Patch Kid (TM). Her name was Larrisa Freeda. The factory, apparently, ran out of normal names like Kelly Lynn and Michelle Rose.
What was the name of your Cabbage Patch Kid(s)?
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My first was Michelle Shannon (red braids, blue eyes, no freckles, no pacifier) - who my mom obtained from a friend who worked at K-Mart and grabbed one of the five that arrived in a shipment.
My second was Curtis Ackerley (light brown curly hair, blue eyes, pacifier), who I got on the tail-end of the craze. I picked him out myself at Sears, I think. He was very popular with my friends' girl dolls.
My fifth-grade teacher (a man) was also very attuned to kids that age and decided to tell us that he would have a 'day care center' in the classroom during recess. Of course, this just involved putting them on a table in the back of the room so they wouldn't get damaged or otherwise cause junior meltdowns.
Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »
Post a Comment