Tuesday, August 31, 2004

resolutions

My autumn 2004 resolutions:
_______________________________

1. Move from coffee to tea

2. Stop excessive self-blame

3. Decide on next trip abroad; start saving

4. Find more passion outside of work if work doesn't pick up soon

5. Live in the present, consider the future, learn from the past

6. See REM twice: once in Seattle, once in Berkeley

7. Watch John Kerry win the election

13 comments:

c. said...

Moving from coffee to tea will be the most difficult.

Annie said...

I will hold you to #2 and #7.

grrrbear said...

I made the switch to tea about a year ago and am now just as twitchy and prone to random violence as I was before the switch. So depending on the benefit you want it may not help.

Dern said...

Black coffee to green tea is a good and rewarding switch. I like #5 and the fall colors.

J.Po said...

Dern's comment regarding green tea stimulated some googling on my part. Here are some results. There's even some news for those tooth-obsessed people out there.

Welcome to Green Tea Benefits!

Many Chinese people have been drinking green tea for centuries for all the positive aspects that it brings to your health. This has spread to people worldwide and green tea is now the second most popular beverage in the world. Green tea is said to have many health benefits, including lowering your cholesterol, boosting your immune system and helping to prevent cavities and tooth decay.

Health Benefits: There are three types of tea Black, Oolong, and Green tea. The difference between the Green tea and the others is that green tea is not fermented, thus keeping in the powerful antioxidants lost in the fermenting process.

History: Made from the dried leaves of the camellia sinensis plant, Green tea came from China between 4,000- 5,000 years ago

Sherry said...

Joanne-

I appreciated your comments on my blog and knew of no other way to tell you than to comment (off topic) on your blog. I was wondering, did you go cold turkey, or wean yourself off like my pharmacist told me to? Just curious.

Thanks,

Sherry

P.S.- I hope we all get to watch J.Ker win the election.

J.Po said...

Sherry,
See your blog for my comments....J

Dern, I had green tea for lunch.

Dern said...

Joanne,
The eventual switch to green tea is good. Beware though (at least from what I remember of the last learnings I had on substance abuse, and my own eventual changeover from black to green) caffeine is one of the more addictive substances and green tea has the lowest form of caffeine in it. Good luck, and knowing now that it's good for my teeth maybe I can stop brushing? (LOL....WTF....ROTFL!)

Stacey Pelika said...

I will help as best I can with Nos. 2 and 5. I will definitely enforce part of No. 6! And I extend to you an invite to our Election Night party to facilitate No. 7.

J.Po said...

Spice, can we webcam that party? I don't have funds for a trip out east. -Po

Stacey Pelika said...

Well, we will have high-speed internet by that point, so potentially, yes!

J.Po said...

This is my most highly commented blog. I think people like lists. Easy to digest and briefly comment upon.

grrrbear said...

I was only an irregular green tea person until I discovered Good Earth green tea. It doesn't taste so much like grass as most other green teas. Now I'm in love with it. I bought a new teapot, even...and it's a Target model so it's hip and not too spendy. The coolest thing is that it opens when you pour it, automatically.