I was raised Catholic. Every year during Holy Week (the week that surrounds Easter, for those anal athiests out there), I was forced to confess my sins of the previous year. I always THOUGHT about my "real" sins, but reported something less loaded: 'I sometimes pick fights with my sister.'
For repentance, I was always given the task of hugging her.
Shouldn't I have been hugging her because I love her and not to make up for my sins.
The Catholic Church sucks.
Friday, August 27, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This reminds me of reconciliation; I always remember coming up with some minor sin and having to repent.
"The Catholic Church sucks." I never was able to make a statement like this till college (at a Catholic University nonetheless). When I learned about Martin Luther and all the horrid things happening with the church at that time. Really, I believe the core teachings are more important than the ritual. (And yes, I still identify myself as Catholic, because of promises made at Confirmation....I do the minimums, attend Advent and Good Friday; to honor Jesus' birth and death). Whoa, that was a long comment.....
I can't say I blame you for that last thing. I was lucky enough to be brough up in a Methodist church, and now I live in an area with a large percentage of Roman Catholics. Every now and then, I'll hear what they have to do, the whole confession thing, the no meat on Fridays during Lent, the countless prayers you have to memorize and recite for "forgiveness" or whatever, and I think "Wow. That's so hokey!" I'm sorry if this insults you, but I'm full into the whole "It's all between you and God" thing, with the personal relationsihp with God.
This is very interesting site... uniline ice machines Keyword line protonix boards hail proof car cover Indica &apos es patanol
Post a Comment