Friday, August 20, 2004

Hello World, I'm Tired

I am currently at Rockefeller. We're visiting bridesmaid #2. She's extracting DNA or something. I used to do this too, but not anymore. I forgot what a lab smells like. There is ethanol on the air.

So I arrived at 6:50am NYC time. (That's 3:50am SF time.) I am very high energy right now. Perhaps it's the 2 large coffees.

On the metro into the city, I almost lost my backpack. The metro doors closed on me and everyone looked at me thinking, 'she's not from around here.'

In other news, New Yorkers are MUCH kinder than anticipated. Several of them helped me figure out public transport from the airport. So far - cheers for new yorkers!

More later.

Po

2 comments:

Annie said...

I LOVE NEW YORK CITY!!!!! I miss ordering a very custom sandwich at an outrageously busy deli ("toasted whole wheat, no onions, no peppers, jack instead of cheddar, no hot sauce...") and having it reach my hands, exactly the way I asked for it, in under 30 seconds. With a big smile, correct change, and a "There you go, good-lookin'."

Remember when we went to Burger King on the way to Davis, J.Po? And how it took about 20 minutes for them to put a pre-made burger into a bag?

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
Map reading games Who in cincinnati collects old computers Meat link impotence Computer replacement hard drives pentium 2 motherboard slot 1 buy center for pain relief webster Infiniti g35 tail lamp assembly Tennis brian hawk Game preserves Hummer h2 pic Used subaru parts maine mp3 player