I just bought 20 minutes on a computer in the East Village to keep you updated. This is going to be quick and poorly written. Computer time is pricey (along with everything else) here in NYC. $3.75. Jesus.
So things have been fan-fucking-tastic. I have been waiting - patiently - for some cranky-ass New Yorker to swear at me. But it hasn't happened yet. Any advice on where to go to hear some 'fuck you, you mother-fucking fuck face' would be much appreciated.
Quite unexpectedly, people here are remarkably friendly. Maybe it's the beautiful weather, but I think the 'New Yorkers are mean' thing is used to keep people away. Kindof like 'it's foggy' is used in San Francisco. Oh no, wait, that last one is actually true. Hmmm.
I have avoided the Fisherman's Warfs of NYC, except for a very brief visit to Trump Tower (a la The Apprentice) and Time Square, both this morning. I hit the rediculousness before the Texans were out in full form, so it wasn't too unpleasant. Plus, a very kind police man chatted me up, asked me if I was on my way to work (I must look savy enough to fit in here), and talked Cleveland with me. It was downright delightful. And he gave me a great route through Chinatown.
Lunchy time will be spent with Megan and Willy (a.k.a - the Brazilian Travelers -or- the Baracuda and Sawdust). They're showing me their old tromping ground and filling me in on their world travels. Very highly anticipated.
In other news, the bachelorette weekend was a great success, except for the hundreds of dollars that flew out of my pockets. I'll be living on the cheap from here on out. Thanks for the hot dogs tip, Annie. Last night I saw a burrito purveyor that promised 'San Francisco Mission Style Burritos'. I may have to go there for dinner; see if I agree.
Okay, it promises to be an interesting day. M&W for lunch, Ellis Island if I have time, and Purnima (high school friend I haven't talked to in 10 years) for dinner. Then I'll try to get back to Elizabeth's on the subway without an accidental trip to to 125th [Harlem - the mistake of Saturday eve. Oops.]
Until I find another computer,
J.Po
Monday, August 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have to give a full report on the 'Mission Style Burrito'. :)
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »
Post a Comment