Saturday, May 19, 2007

C of M

Jiggity are about to sit down to a viewing of Children of Men. I'm guessing we're in for a treat - albeit a depressing one.

6 comments:

Annie said...

What did you think!!!!!?!?!?!?! what did you think!!?!?!?!?!??!?! So awesome, yes?

towwas said...

Omg! I love it! I love it! I have it from Netflix right now, in fact. (And also saw it in the theater.) So, .Po?

grrrbear said...

I got this from Netflix a few weeks ago and through it was pretty good, albeit not the "fits of apoplectic ecstacy-inducing" good that Sophist and towwas apparently thought it was. Still, the one mega-long steady-cam shot was pretty darn impressive.

J.Po said...

As the Jig noted, Children of Men is more sobering than depressing - although it's also depression. It was a damn fine film. ...and it was shot incredibly well. A moving work of art, I say.

My first thought after seeing it was, "I wonder if (1) our pres saw this movie and (2) if so, what he thought of it." And I responded to my self: "(1) probably not and (2) he never would have understood the symbolism/larger message/his "role" in the making of the movie/etc...he would have taken it really literally as a work of fiction".

J.Po said...

...um, make that "-although it's also depressing" in the first sentence.

Stacey Pelika said...

Yeah, I think both sobering _and_ depressing. But also awesome. And sad. Because it is so close to the truth.

And I know I've brought this up before, but how in the hell did CoM get completely overlooked by the major film awards!?!!?!