Friday, May 04, 2007

Favorite Cookie

So as it turns out, only TOWWAS and Jiggity are interested in commenting on their favorite sandwiches. I bet there will be more interest when it comes to the subject of FAVORITE COOKIE!!!!

For me? Pinwheels. Remember them? Big mounds of marshmallow atop a doughnut-shaped sugar cookie, all covered with a shell of chocolate. Mmmmm......

7 comments:

grrrbear said...

Wow, this is harder than I though tit would be. Because it's sooo not cool to just say "chocolate chip, fresh out of the oven" even though that would probably be my fav. You know, I've rediscovered the joy of sugar cookies lately too.

Of course if you included bars then it'd be a whole different story...

Stacey Pelika said...

I have a friend here who's originally from the East Coast and recently said something like "Why do you even have to call it a _bar_? It's the same as a brownie!" Which, uh, no, it's not!!! As was proven at OleNelson's graduation party last year, where three Minnesotans (me, Ole, P.Ho) were separately asked to identify which items on the spread where bars and which were not. We all gave the exact same answer, which was "Bar, bar, bar, not a bar [it was a tartlet or something], and brownie, which is really a separate category."

If we're including bars, I'm going to go with carmelitas. Yum!!!

Anonymous said...

A difficult question, indeed! So difficult that I'm giving two answers - frosted sugar cookies and peanut butter cookies with chocolate stars pressed into the middle that have been frozen (the whole ensemble, not just the star).

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make it a two part answer.

1) Favorite home-made cookie. Snickerdoodle, for the win.

2) Favorite store bought cookie. I'm going with le petit ecolier on this one, especially when a hot marshmallow is smash between two of them.

Annie said...

I like Carr's ginger lemon cookies.

And for home-made, nothiing beats the ol' CCCWOTCC:

"Chocolate Chip Cookies Without The Chocolate Chips."

Especially the raw dough -MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Stacey Pelika said...

Uh, I guess chocolate chip? The CCCWOTCC dough does sound really good - I kinda already do that when I make CCC - I try to avoid the chips when I eat the dough.

grrrbear said...

OMG Jiggity - that comment about le petit ecolier might just be the greatest idea ever in the history of food!

I'm sooo going to try that out this weekend...