It's hot as the dickens in the Bay Area today. I wish I could cut class (work) and see the Flying Scotsman....or the Flying Dutchman, for that matter. Any activity that promises air conditioning would do just fine.
Today was my (one?) chance to wear my summer duds in the ci-tay, but I left the house in long pants and a sweater. I suppose a little check of the weather report would have been helpful. 92 degress is the projected high. Ugh.
Monday, May 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Holy cow, that's hot. It was low 70s and sunny here today...guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.
it was so hot in the lab today, 33 celsius. My TS strains are dying, it's horrible. They like 25 degrees, no hotter.
and dude, turning on a bunsen burner to keep things sterile when it's 33 in the lab is the worst ever.
Being a Minnesotan, I learned long ago that not checking the weather channel in the morning was asking for trouble. I still do it today.
Oh, and for the record, it's supposed to be sunny and 70's here all week - including for my Cubs game tomorrow!
I understand Po's error - I consistently believed it would be 60-65 at our pad in The City and 75-80 at work (since it was, 99% of the time) and would dress for that, only to end up freezing or sweating when anything diverged from that. Seems that Po is now experiencing the same in reverse!
Also, did any of you see the finale of The Amazing Race on Sunday? The finish line was in the neighborhood where Po, Sophist, and I used to live (well, nearby in GG Park, the part right at 9th and Lincoln). It was hilarious to see all of them standing there, freezing their asses off - you could see people's breath. I'm sure some of them were like, "But isn't this California?!?! Why isn't it warm???" HA! Welcome to The City!
Clothing update, Tuesday style.
I wore a skirt and cap-sleeved top! TOTALLY WEATHER APPROPRIATE! And I didn't need a sweater at 8:30am. Woo!
And now I'm sad for missing the Amazing Race. Did you see Canvas Cafe on film? I love 9th and Lincoln.
Hey rad, I don't watch the Amazing Race but it's always fun to see the neighborhood highlighted! That's pretty good about them shivering in the fog. Very San Francisco.
I remember even on warm days in the summer, I would pack a scarf and sweater for the inevitable 3:00 fog roll-in. I MISS FOG.
There were, sadly, no discernable shots of the 9th and Lincoln intersection, but it was still fun to know exactly where they were!
The other weird thing about the ep was that they had to get from Hawaii to the Bay Area, and the teams kept asking for tickets to Oakland. My guess is they were told they HAD to fly to Oakland for some reason (probably so all the teams would end up bunched up). I was sitting there yelling "Ask about flights to SFO!!! ASK!!!!" I guess it's a good thing the freeway hadn't gone down in a firey ball yet.
Post a Comment