Nothing irritates me more than someone having a long and loud coversation on their cell phone during my daily commute on the train. Today I was lucky enough to have the cell phone conversationalist sitting right next to me. She didn't get the hint when I glanced at her - repeatedly. Ugh.
What to do about such cell phone rudeness??
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ignore? Plug in headphones? Start responding to the things she says? I had an officemate once, briefly, at an internship, who had many phone conversations daily with a friend, but they were IMing at the same time, so she'd just call the friend on her cell phone and say, "Oh my god." And I'd be like, "What?" and we would carry on a whole conversation before she was like, "Towwas, I'm on the phone."
It was totally annoying.
Yea, I tried ignoring. I had my headphones on. She was just too loud. At least her conversation was in Spanish, so I couldn't follow it. I really don't like knowing all that personal stuff about people.
The thing about the train is that there is a very firm culture of not talking on your cell phone. So when someone does, it's clear they don't know the secret handshake and haven't read the rulebook. The conductor usually announces to keep cell phone conversations to a minimum, but he forgot that day.
Oh well. I suppose I should try to be more patient.
Or, alternatively, rip the phone from her hands. Then throw it on the ground and stomp on it repeatedly before sitting down like nothing happened. If she gets upset, insist that you have "no idea what you're walking about".
But, you know, whatever works for you.
Post a Comment