Thursday, May 03, 2007

Favorite Sandwich

Last night, after much indecision, Jiggity and I decided to go to our local rotiserie for dinner. I was reminded that my favorite sandwich - hands down - is the corned beef ruben. Serioulsy, that is a damn good sandwich.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Except, replace the corned beef (shudder) with turkey. And the rye with dutch crunch. And add cranberry sauce. Mmmmmm... that's a good reuben.

towwas said...

Yeah, I'm with Jiggity on this. Also, lose the cheese and maybe add something green.

grrrbear said...

I've never been a big fan of reubens. Unlike the GF who loves Turkey Reubens so much that they are the only meat she willingly eats anymore.

Myself, my current favorit sandwich is the Chipotle Chicken sandwich at this little sandwich shop by the GF's. Chucks-o-grilled chicken with lettuce, onions, peppers, and chipotle mayo.

Dammit...I'm hungry now.

Stacey Pelika said...

I miss dutch crunch!!! Maybe they have it in W'burg.

I've become really fond of roast beef sandwiches - they've replaced turkey as my go-to when I make my own.

Anonymous said...

Even a bad reuben is a fantastic sandwich. A good reuben is like heaven - sometimes they're hard to start eating because that's just the first step down the path to them being gone.

J.Po said...

J.Bro, you're my bro.

Annie said...

Reuben = the tops. J. po and I used to get Reubens weekly at Saul's. Well practically weekly. We swapped 'em out on occasion for matzo ball soup and stuff. But Reubens, that's where it's at for me!!!

towwas said...

Actually, my *favorite* sandwich is at JZ Cool in Takoma Park - it's some little grilled chicken & vegetable thing. It's otherworldly.

towwas said...

Oh yes, here's my blog post on the sandwich:
http://mellificent.blogspot.com/2006/10/mfgam_17.html
(scroll down)

Stacey Pelika said...

I'm also a sucker for any kind of Italian sandwich/sub. I think it's the oil/dressing that does it for me - since I don't do mayonnaise or mustard, I gravitate toward pesto- or vinaigrette-based sandwiches b/c then I can share in the yumminess of a non-dry sandwich!