Friday, May 04, 2007

Ye Olde Locale Newsie Gives the Flying Dutchman....


Calibrate that to the

given to Spice World circa 1999 and you get the idea.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Flying Dutchman, the opera by Wagner? :-)
I STILL CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FLYING SCOTSMAN!!!!!!

J.Po said...

Um, yea. It's Friday and my brain is fried!

Annie said...

hee I just read the review. It is helping me get even more enthusiastic for the movie because the guy admits that it's a decent movie "except for the part where the guy goes around in a velodrome" (WOW, if it's a decent movie AND there's a hot guy going around in a skintight suit in a velodrome, that makes it AWESOME in my book). and because the reviewer said that the two Prefontaine movies were "forgettable" ... and I saw both and LOVED THEM BOTH.... so this is all boding quite well!!!!

Enjoy The Flying Dutchman, and I will be enjoyin The Flying Scotsman!!!

Seriously though, are you interested in watching the movie with me? It's about Depression, might be interesting even to a person who doesn't like cycling....

J.Po said...

OOOOOOHHHHHH, it's like the Grapes of Wrath, only on rubber wheels. Well in that case, count me in!

towwas said...

I saw the flying dutchman at the washington opera with my high school german class and thoroughly enjoyed it. But then I liked Spice World, too, so maybe you shouldn't go by my taste.

Anonymous said...

I'll be enjoying The Flying Swede this weekend, but probably alone - M.Bro wants to read a book about The Flying North Korean.